Click here to see all openings!
Velocify, formerly Leads360, is a market-leading provider of cloud-based intelligent sales software, designed for high-velocity sales environments. Velocify helps sales teams keep pace with the speed of opportunity and improve conversion rates by driving rapid lead response, increased selling discipline, improved productivity, and actionable selling insights.
The company has helped more than 1,500 companies across a variety of industries improve customer acquisition practices and sales performance. Velocify was recently recognized as one of the fastest growing companies in North America by Deloitte and a Best Place to Work by the Los Angeles Business Journal.
Desktop Support Engineer
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide hardware and software troubleshooting for Microsoft platforms
- Configure and tune hardware and software to insure optimum performance and resource utilization
- Configure and troubleshoot e-mail using Microsoft Outlook
- Configure and support the Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and Project.
- Install & troubleshoot software applications
- Monitoring IT helpdesk and responding to trouble tickets in a timely manner
- Provide troubleshooting for applications and systems, determining cause and effect
- Provide technical training to end users as requested or needed
- Removal of spyware, adware & viruses from desktops
- Troubleshoot peripheral devices, such as printers, scanners, phones, and tablets
- Provide workstation maintenance such as BIOS/Firmware updates and installation of operating system security patches.
- Demonstrate the ability to multi-task during occasional peaks in workload
- Display strong inter-personal, verbal and written communication skills
- Display strong project management skills and ability to meet deadlines with little to no supervision
- Expertly understand and apply technician support for employee computing environments
- Function as technical liaison for Active Directory related project activities
- Lead design reviews, define standards, recommend and establish policies
- Provide mentoring to fellow technicians and IT staff
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be responsible for communicating all system performance degradation to IT management
- Develop and maintain technical documentation for system environment
- Develop and maintain security documentation for customer audits
- Maintain strict change control of system infrastructure
- Measure capacity and performance trends to determine long-term needs
- Provide other technical services as necessary for the successful completion of projects
- Work hands on, provide troubleshooting, and acquire new skills rapidly
- Evaluate hardware and software requirements and be able to justify purchase decisions
- Configure and tune hardware and software to ensure optimum performance and resource utilization
Desired Skills & Experience
The candidate must meet the following requirements:
- Strong comfort level with Windows, Microsoft Office Products and basic networking troubleshooting
- A working knowledge of Active Directory and Active Directory administration
- Experience supporting employees using network storage arrays and file servers
- The ability to communicate effectively with clients, co-workers and management
- Adhere to strict change control procedures, communication protocols and documentation standards
- The ability to use sound judgment in the promotion of maximum service uptime.
- A track record of supporting the overall IT organization through collaboration and communication.
- Some knowledge of Linux, Unix or Mac environments
- Experience supporting a 24x7 environment and the ability to take an on-call rotation once a month
- A working knowledge of Hypervisor technologies, such as VMware ESXi and Microsoft Hyper-V is a plus.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- 2+ years equivalent experience supporting Microsoft Windows workstations in a production environment.
- In-depth understanding of current Microsoft technologies
- Experience with Active Directory
- Experience working with WSUS
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated experience with superior judgment, problem resolution, cross team collaboration and the ability to work under critical deadline pressure
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language
- Highly self-motivated and directed
- Keen attention to detail
- Ability to manage a diverse workload and work under time constraints. Expect heavy workloads during project development and implementation.
- Analyze new and emerging technologies and apply them to meet current and future business requirements.
- Strong technical and analytical skills with the ability to think creatively and develop new solutions
What others have to say about us:
- Money talks - Velocify, formerly Leads360, was recently featured on TechCrunch regarding our latest round of VC funding. Link
- Deloitte's Fast 500 list recognized Velocify, formerly Leads360, as one of the fastest growing technology companies in North America.
- In 2012, Los Angeles Business Journal listed us as one of the 'Best Places to Work in LA' for the third year in a row. Link